Student Checkout Procedures
Attend Today, Achieve Tomorrow!
Early Checkout and Late Arrival: Instruction begins at 8:30 and ends at 3:30. If your child is late or has to leave early, he/she misses out on learning opportunities. Please make every effort to have your children here for the entire day and schedule your appointments after school or on days off. Please note: Powerschool (attendance software) keeps track of all absences and tardies to the minute and it is reported to the State of New Mexico.
PICKING UP STUDENTS WHILE SCHOOL IS IN SESSION
This procedure begins in the school office. Do not go directly to the classroom to get your
- Only parents or adults (over 18 years of age) who are listed on the Student Checkout List will be allowed to check out students before the regular dismissal time.
- For the safety of our children, the office staff will ask for identification. PLEASE HAVE PICTURE IDENTIFICATION WITH YOU WHEN YOU PICK-UP YOUR CHILD.
- A child will not be released if proper ID is not given.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the campus early by themselves. Your child will not be released to any adult who is not listed on the child’s enrollment card or on the Student Checkout List.
- In order to avoid interruptions in the educational program, we ask your cooperation in picking up your child or children during school hours.
- No Student will be dismissed between 3:00-3:30 unless principal approves and there is a valid reason. Too much happens in the last 30 minutes of the day and it is disruptive to the learning process of each student.