Class of 2013
Yearbook Superlatives – Class of 2013
Nominate a senior for a Superlative Category to be featured in the 2012/13 BHS Yearbook.
What is a superlative?A superlative is defined in the dictionary as something or someone “of the highest kind, quality, or order; surpassing all else or others; supreme; extreme”.
The Superlative Categories will feature a male and female in each category as voted in by the Class of 2013.Both first and second place winners in each category will appear in the yearbook.
Nominations will be taken on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 during Spartan class.Think about a senior who best fits each category and be ready to submit your nomination on Wednesday, November 28, 2012, during Spartans.Only a senior on track to graduate is eligible to be nominated.
How will I vote:After nominations are taken, the final step will be to vote for one student in each category.All nominations will be communicated to seniors via the BHS Website, Face book, and posters displayed in the hallways of BHS.Seniors will then cast their final vote on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 during Spartans.Only one ballot per student will be distributed and accepted on that date.
The Yearbook Superlative process is being managed by the JAG teacher and students, under the direction and supervision of yearbook sponsor Nina Quintana and her yearbook staff.
Questions about the Yearbook Superlatives nomination and voting process can be directed to Ms. Loretta Apodaca @ email@example.com or go to the JAG classroom #718 and see Ms. Apodaca.
Important Dates for Seniors
- Sunday, May 5th - Baccalaureate Mass - 5 pm - Our Lady Of Sorrows (wear cap & gown and sit in the front)
- Monday, May 13th & Tuesday, May 14th - Senior Finals
- Wednesday, May 15 - Senior Check Out & Senior Make Up Finals.
- Friday, May 17th - Senior BBQ
- Tuesday, May 21st - Awards Night - 6 pm - BHS Gym - This is a formal event. Graduates must follow clothing requirements and must wear their cap & gown. Students arrive at 5:00 pm.
- Wednesday, May 22nd - Graduation Practice at the Santa Ana Star Center - 6 pm - casual dress and cap & gown not required. Students arrive at 5:00 pm.
- Thursday, May 23rd - Class of 2013 Graduation Ceremony - 6 pm - Doors open at 5 pm. Students arrive at 4:30 pm dressed and ready to go.
Awards Night (5/21/13) and Graduation (5/23/13) are SEMI-FORMAL Dress Events.
Awards Night and Graduation Dress Requirements
Young Men - Dress shoes, dress pants, button up shirt, tie, cap & gown
Young Ladies - Dress shoes, dress, skirt or slacks with blouse, cap & gown
Traditional dress for graduates is also acceptable.
Items NOT acceptable for practice or graduation:
Flip flops, work boots, dirty shoes/boots, jeans, swim suits, shorts, t-shirts, and any type of writing on top of the graduates cap or on the gown.
Graduation Practice (5/22/13) and the Senior BBQ (5/17/13) are CASUAL Dress Events
Cap and gown are not required at the practice or BBQ.
The total cost for each cap & gown is $35.00.
The cost for all graduation announcements and senior appearel will increase after December 1, 2012.
Please send all inquiries concerning the yearbook to Ms. Quintana at
2013 Class Choices
Red and White Orchid
by Rascal Flatts
"But in life every ending is a new beginning." Unknown
Red, White, & Silver